Marine Cargo Insurance covers the risks of accidental loss of or damage to cargo during transit (Institute Cargo Clause A). The client or the consignee can file a claim if the cargo sustains damage caused by perils such as water entering into the container, collision of road haulage, or burglary.
Coverage of Different Means of Transport
The policy covers different types of transport, including transit of cargo by sea, air and land, by means of conveyances including ocean-going vessels, aircrafts, trucks, trains, lighters, etc.
- The above information is for reference only and will not constitute any part of the insurance policy document. Please refer to the official insurance policy document for detailed terms, conditions and exclusions of this insurance plan.
- The above insurance plan is underwritten by Paofoong Insurance Company (Hong Kong) Limited ("Paofoong Insurance"), which is authorised and regulated by the Commissioner of Insurance of the HKSAR.
- Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited ("the Bank") is an appointed insurance agent of Paofoong Insurance.
- In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) between the Bank and the customer arising out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank will enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved directly between the customer and Paofoong Insurance.
- Contact details of Paofoong Insurance:
Office address: 28/F, Two Landmark East, 100 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Telephone number: (852) 2290 3580
Fax number: (852) 2626 0704.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of the above information, the English version shall prevail.