This insurance is compulsory for owners of commercial vehicles such as lorries, container trucks, tourist buses, taxis or public light buses, in order to cover the legal liability of the vehicle owner and the driver against bodily injury to a third party caused by negligence.
Protection Against Third Party Liability
According to the Motor Vehicles Insurance (Third Party Risks) Ordinance, commercial vehicle owners are required to arrange a motor third party insurance policy with a minimum compensation limit of HK$100 million. Our Commercial Motor Insurance is here to fulfil this purpose.
Option of More Coverage
Vehicle owners may choose to purchase a Comprehensive Motor Policy, which covers not only legal liability against third party bodily injury and property damage, but also accidental damage to the vehicle itself, including theft loss.
- The above information is for reference only and will not constitute any part of the insurance policy document. Please refer to the official insurance policy document for detailed terms, conditions and exclusions of this insurance plan.
- The above insurance plan is underwritten by Paofoong Insurance Company (Hong Kong) Limited ("Paofoong Insurance"), which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority of the HKSAR.
- Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited ("the Bank") is an appointed insurance agent of Paofoong Insurance.
- In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) between the Bank and the customer arising out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank will enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved directly between the customer and Paofoong Insurance.
- For enquiries about the online application and product information, please contact Paofoong Insurance. Your valuable comments shall be seriously considered. If you have any suggestions or complaints, please submit to Paofoong Insurance via the following means :
- By post to Paofoong Insurance Company (Hong Kong) Limited, 28/F, Two Landmark East, 100 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- By phone to (852) 2290 3580
- By fax to (852) 2626 0704
An acknowledgement shall be issued by Paofoong Insurance within 3 working days upon the receipt of the complaint. A reply shall be delivered within 14 working days. All information will be treated as strictly confidential.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of the above information, the English version shall prevail.