Fixed Deposit Annual Interest Rate Offer
From now, customer can enjoy the following preferential interest rate (p.a.) via our branches by placing fixed deposit with "New Fund" or "by conversion of fund" within the promotion period.
- SMART Banking customers are entitled to enjoy 0.10% "Extra Fixed Deposit Annual interest rate offer". For more details, please contact our staff.
Exchange Rate Premium Offer
During the promotion period, customers who convert designated amount of HKD into USD (by T/T exchange rate) can enjoy an exchange rate premium offer:
||Exchange Rate Premium Offer
||Bank Sell rate - 0.0050
Terms of the promotion:
Fixed Deposit Annual Interest Rate Offer:
Customer wishes to buy USD100,000 where the Bank Sell rate is originally 7.8580 (=HKD785,800). During the promotion period, a 0.0050 discount will be applied to the Bank Sell rate for eligible customer. The Bank Sell rate will be lowered to 7.8530 (=HKD785,300). The concession Bank Sell rate of 7.8530 is calculated based on 7.8580 - 0.0050. Customer can save HKD500 from this offer.
The above rates are for reference only and quoted as of 11:23 AM on 8 June 2018.
Act now and enjoy fabulous interest returns! For details, please call our Customer Service Hotline at 2818 0282.
Extra Fixed Deposit Annual Interest Rate Offer:
- Minimum fixed deposit amounts of this offer are RMB100,000, USD10,000 or GBP5,000 respectively.
- This offer is only applied to fixed deposit placed with "New Fund" or "by conversion of fund" via our branches during the promotion period and is not applicable to subsequent renewal of fixed deposit.
- "New Fund" refers to customers transferring funds that are newly deposited into the Bank by cash, cashier order, cheque, local bank electronic transfer (through Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) system, also known as Clearing House Automated Transfer System (CHATS) or through Faster Payment System (FPS)) or telegraphic transfer from other bank but excluding fund by inter-account transfer or withdrawal from any account(s) within the Bank.
- "By conversion of fund" refers to customers converting existing or new HKD funds into RMB, USD or GBP that are deposited into the Bank via our branches during the promotion period. RMB, USD or GBP that are deposited into the Bank before the promotion period are not applicable
- For "New Fund" or "by conversion of fund" definition, please contact the Bank staff. The Bank reserves the right to define "New Fund" or "by conversion of fund" at its sole discretion.
- Customers who intended to enjoy this offer are solely responsible for ensuring that the funds are "New Fund" or "by conversion of fund".
- The above preferential interest rates are based on the interest rates of "Fixed Deposit Offer" quoted on 12 November 2019 by the Bank and are for illustration and reference purpose only. The actual interest rates shall be subject to the quotes of the Bank from time to time.
- If the customer withdraws all or part of the money before the maturity date of the fixed deposit, the customer will not be entitled to the preferential interest rate for the fixed deposit or may be required to pay the penalty interest of the time deposit at the Bank's sole discretion.
Exchange Rate Premium Offer:
- These offers are only applicable to SMART Banking customers.
- For more details, please contact our staff.
- This offer is applied to customers converting HKD100,000 or above into USD for every single transaction ("Designated Currencies") via our branches; and the offer is not applicable to the conversion of Designated Currencies into HKD or other currencies.
- Exchange Rate Premium offer is not applicable to foreign currency notes exchange.
- The offers are not applicable to the transactions via our Internet Banking or Phone Banking.
- The offers are available on first-come-first served basis with limited quota, and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend, vary or terminate the above offers and to amend the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In case of any disputes on the above offer, the Bank reserves the right of the final decision and interpretation on all matters relating to the offers shall be binding on all customers. In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of the content, the English version shall prevail.
Foreign currency investments are subject to exchange rate fluctuations which may provide both opportunities and risks. The fluctuation in the exchange rate of foreign currency may result in losses in the event that the customer converts the foreign currency into HKD or other foreign currencies.
RMB is subject to exchange rate risk. RMB is not freely convertible. Conversion of RMB for customer is subject to the requirements specified by the Bank and /or Relevant Authorities from time to time.