e-Cheques Deposit Services
You can now deposit2 an e-Cheque or an e-Cashier's Order to the Bank's deposit accounts3 or credit card accounts4 through the "e-Cheque Drop Box Service" 1 after completing few simple steps of first-time registration.
Benefits of "e-Cheque Drop Box Service" 1
- Time-saving and Convenient: you can complete the registration and deposit e-Cheques via the web portal or the mobile application at anytime and anywhere, both in Hong Kong or overseas, without visiting our branches.
- Flexible: you can pre-register for up to 30 payee bank accounts (including your own name and third party accounts) and present up to 8 e-Cheques at the same time (via the web portal) and no limit on the total number of e-Cheque presentment per day.
- View presentment records at a glance: records of the previous 3 months can be enquired1
- Latest presentment status: it provides you with updated status e.g. rejected, returned, cleared, etc. and email notification1.
- Accepts HKD, USD and RMB e-Cheques or e-Cashier's Orders
- Free of charge
Logon and using "e-Cheque Drop Box Service" 1 Web Portal5
Download and using "e-Cheque Drop Box Service" 1 Mobile Application5
- Search "e-Cheque" at Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the free mobile application5 to perform (1) User Account Registration (User Guide), (2) e-Cheques or e-Cashier Orders Presentment (User Guide) and (3) Presentment Enquiry (User Guide) now.
- The "e-Cheque Drop Box Service" is provided by the Hong Kong Interbank Clearing Limited via http://www.echeque.hkicl.com.hk or "e-Cheque Drop Box Service" mobile application.
- In this stage, the Bank provides e-Cheque Deposit Services only.
- Customers can deposit e-Cheques to the following deposit accounts (including personal, joint and corporate accounts) and should input 11-digit deposit account number during registration of bank accounts at "e-Cheque Drop Box Service" :
- HKD Current Savings Account
- U.S. Notes Current Savings Account
- Foreign Current No Passbook Savings Account (CNY and USD)
- HKD Checking Account
- RMB Checking Account
- USD Checking Account
- Customers can deposit e-Cheques to the Bank's credit card accounts for repayment and should input 16-digit credit card account number during registration of bank accounts at "e-Cheque Drop Box Service".
- The "e-Cheque Drop Box Service" is compatible with certain operating systems and browsers below:
Supported operating systems and browsers of Web Portal
Windows 7/8: Internet Explorer 10 or above, Google Chrome 43 or above and Firefox 37 or above
Mac OS X 10.10/10.11: Safari 8 or above
Supported operating systems of Mobile Application
Android 4.1 or above and iOS 7.1 or above
Please refer to the "Notice" of the "e-Cheque Drop Box Service" for the latest announcement of compatible operating systems and browsers.
- For the fund available time of e-Cheque, please click here.
- Terms and Conditions apply. Please click here and read the Terms and Conditions for e-Cheques.
View e-Cheque e-Brochure
provided by Hong Kong Monetary Authority and The Hong Kong Association of Banks.