Golfer Insurance Plan
Play golf without worrying and focus on each stroke with our Golfer Insurance Plan, which protects you against legal liability for accidental bodily injury or property damage to third parties when you play golf.
- Third Party Liability Protection
This plan protects you against your legal liability for accidental bodily injury or property damage to third parties, such as a spectator or caddy hit by a golf ball, for a limit up to HK$10,000,000.
- Personal Accident Protection
The plan offers personal accident protection for a limit up to HK$1,000,000.
- 24-hour Worldwide Emergency Assistance
24-hour medical emergency assistance includes hospital admission deposit guarantee, transportation of medical services and medical supplies to the appropriate location, and medical evacuation or repatriation, etc.
Apply Online Now
||Limit of Indemnity (HK$)
||Eagle Plan (A)
||Eagle Plan (B)
|1. Personal Liability
Indemnifies the Insured against being legally liable for accidental bodily injury/death or property damage to a third party while playing golf at any recognised golf club worldwide
|2. Personal Accident
Provides benefits for bodily injury/death or permanent disability due to an accident while playing golf at any recognised golf club/driving range worldwide
|3. Worldwide Emergency Assistance
- Hospital Deposit Guarantee
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation of mortal remains to Hong Kong
||Round trip economy airfare for 1 person
- Return of unattended child
|One way economy airfare for 1 person
- Dispatch of medicine/equipment
- Other free advisory services
|4. Golf Equipment and Personal Effects
Indemnifies the insured with respect to accidental loss/damage to golf equipment and personal effects at the golf club
|30,000 per year
- Maximum amount per item of golf equipment
- Maximum amount per item of personal effects
|5. Hospital Cash Allowance
||50,000 per year
|6. Accidental Medical Expenses
||25,000 per year
||20,000 per year
- Outpatient (including bone setting)
|5,000 per year
(Limit per bone setting: 110 per visit and 2,000 per year)
|7. Hole in One
||3,000 per event
|Annual Premium (HK$)
|Eagle Plan (A)
||Eagle Plan (B)
Legal Liability to Third Party
- Liability to family members and/or employees;
- Injury as a result of insanity or the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Suicide or intentional self-inflicted injury;
- Incident caused by pregnancy, childbirth, or miscarriage;
- Diseases arising from HIV and/or AIDS;
- Incident as a result of war;
- Ionizing radiation from nuclear fuel.
No excesses are applied to the SCB Golfer Insurance Plan.
Is there any age limit under the SCB Golfer Insurance Plan?
Yes, the age limit of the Insured Person is 16 to 70.
Is there any geographical restriction under the plan?
No. The SCB Golfer Insurance Plan covers golf clubs worldwide.
What are the items covered under the Golf Equipment protection?
Golf Equipment covered under the plan includes golf clubs, golf bags and umbrellas.
How does the "Hole in One" coverage operate?
If the Insured Person can drive the ball into the hole with one stroke and is provided with a certificate by the golf club, the plan will pay a cash allowance of HK$3,000.
Tips for Filing a Claim
Please note the following and submit the required supporting documents when filing a claim:
- Personal liability to third party – bodily injury and/or property damage due to accident
- Record the name and contact details of the injured person so that the Insurer can contact the injured person later
- Record the name and contact details of the witness, if any, so that the Insurer can contact the witness later
- Provide the police file reference number if the case has been reported to the police
- Do not admit any liability or offer a settlement, no matter who is liable
- Complete and return the Claim Form as soon as possible with details of the incident and a description of the property damage and bodily injury, if any
- Personal accident
- Complete and return the Claim Form as soon as possible with details of the incident and injury
- Provide the original medical report and receipts of charges with the patient's name, consultation date, and diagnosis
- Provide the police report or other reports issued by the authorities
- Medical expenses
- Complete and return the Claim Form as soon as possible with details of the incident and the extent of the injury sustained
- Provide the original medical report and receipts of charges with the patient's name, consultation date, diagnosis and expenses
- Loss/damage to golf equipment and personal effects
- Complete and return the Claim Form stating the details of the incident and the loss
- Provide the original purchase receipts for the lost/damaged items if available
- Provide photos showing the damaged items if available
- Keep the damaged items for the Insurer's inspection if the situation allows
Claims Service Hotline
(852) 2290 3560
- The general insurance product is underwritten by Paofoong Insurance Company (Hong Kong) Limited ("Paofoong Insurance"). Paofoong Insurance is authorized and regulated by the Insurance Authority to carry on general insurance business in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited ("The Bank") is the Appointed Insurance Agency of Paofoong Insurance, and the general insurance product is a product of Paofoong Insurance but not the Bank. Profoong Insurance reserves the right to decide at its sole discretion to accept or decline any application of the general insurance plan.
- Paofoong Insurance is a subsidiary of the Bank.
- The Bank and Paofoong Insurance reserve the right to amend or terminate the terms and conditions for the relevant premium discount without prior notice to customers. In case of any disputes, the decision of the Bank and Paofoong Insurance shall be final.
- The above information is for reference only and is intended to be distributed in Hong Kong only, it shall not be construed as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer or recommendation to purchase or sale or provision of any products of Paofoong Insurance Company (Hong Kong) Limited ("Paofoong Insurance") outside Hong Kong and will not constitute any part of the insurance policy document. Please refer to the policy document and provision issued by Paofoong Insurance for detailed terms and conditions, scope of coverage, exclusions, policy costs and premium of this insurance plan.
- In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) between the Bank and the customer arising out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank will enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product shall be resolved directly between the customer and Paofoong Insurance.
- For enquiries about the online application and product information, please contact Paofoong Insurance. Your valuable comments shall be seriously considered. If you have any suggestions or complaints, please submit to Paofoong Insurance via the following means :
- By post to Paofoong Insurance Company (Hong Kong) Limited, 28/F, Two Landmark East, 100 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- By phone to (852) 2290 3580
- By fax to (852) 2626 0704
An acknowledgement shall be issued by Paofoong Insurance within 3 working days upon the receipt of the complaint. A reply shall be delivered within 14 working days. All information will be treated as strictly confidential.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of the above information, the English version shall prevail.